PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. THAT MEANS I MAY BE COMPENSATED (AT NO ADDITIONAL COST TO YOU) IF YOU CLICK A LINK AND MAKE A PURCHASE. PLEASE SEE MY FULL DISCLOSURE POLICY.
We are big fans of Abcmouse.com in this house! My daughter is homeschooled and loves to “play” on abcmouse.com. I think I was just as excited as her when I told her I was downloading the new app that abcmouse.com released, Reading IQ. She was impatiently waiting for more to finish setting it up.
Reading IQ is an app full of over 7,000 books at different levels geared to ages 0-12. My daughter was excited to see all of the different options at her level. There were even many options in her age group for audio books! She really enjoyed that, since she is just learning to read.
- My daughter loves that you can choose your own avatar!
- You can add up to 3 children to one account
- It tracks which books your child reads and how long they read them
- There is a parent section where you can control the reading level. You can set the level to an age group, by guided reading levels, or lexile levels.
- There are so many titles to choose from!
- There are so many different categories to choose from!
- We love the “Read to me” option!
- There doesn’t seem to be as many exciting titles for older kids (but they are adding more books regularly)
- The audio book option seems to be more for the lower level books, there aren’t as many for the older kids.
- This isn’t exactly a con, but the book selection for older kids seems more geared towards educational subjects rather than fun reads
Ready to try? Sign up Here!
Head here to get your FREE 30 day trial! You can cancel any time. If you love this app as much as we do and decide to keep it, you will be billed $4.99/per month after your first 30 days! However, after you sign up, they will give you a special introductory offer giving you a FULL YEAR for one payment of $29.99! That’s just $2.50/per month!
Overall, we LOVE Reading IQ! I think this will be a huge part of our homeschooling curriculum!